If you’re a new independent contractor or haven’t worked many events—or maybe not-yet part of our health professionals network—you might be a bit confused about how our company and your position works. That’s because the nature of the wellness work we do isn’t exactly structured like a lot of “regular” jobs.
Allow us to explain…
Our corporate office is in Omaha, Neb. This office is the only place where we house full-time, “regular” employees. Our Omaha office is home to our company leadership, as well as our shipping, data, accounting, administrative, account management, sales and marketing teams. All of our operations stem from this office.
But, we do have clients nationwide. This is why we’ve implemented a huge network of contractors throughout the country. Our contractors come from a variety of health backgrounds. They work for different reasons and have different goals. They also can have a wide variety of workloads.
The varying workloads can partially be attributed to our distribution of clients. Basically, we have no control over where and when our events are. We want to be easy to work with and accommodating, so our clients can pick the dates, sizes and times of their events. The events then take place wherever that client’s offices (or their different branches) are located.
Why does that work best for us?
There are few reasons that this is the best way to structure our health and wellness work.
- In most places, we’ll always have workers—even if you don’t want to or can’t work that day.
- There is always room to grow because we have a large, national network.
- We can accommodate new clients and busy seasons. We aren’t easily restricted by location or workload because we can pull contractors from a variety of areas.
And why is all of this good for you?
We’ve heard from so many of you that you love working in wellness. We love that you love it. Both of which are obviously a benefit of this type of work! This structure can also be used to your advantage in a few different ways.
- You have the ultimate flexibility. You don’t want to work on your birthday? No problem, don’t nominate. It’s completely up to you.
- Your work has a lot of variety. Where you go to work is always going to be changing depending on the clients we have in your area. This helps keep your job exciting and new.
- You don’t have to be overwhelmed or tied down by company-mandated work hours.
- You have the control. Whether you work an event or not is completely up to you. No strings attached.
But what about the other side?
Of course every job has some drawbacks. The structure of our TotalWellness contractor position is no different. Here are a few things you might run into along the way.
- We have a lot of talented contractors. During busy seasons, we need you all. If the load gets slow, we might not at that time.
- Work is dependent on the clients. Trust us, we’d love to have clients in every city. Unfortunately that’s just not the case.
- Your area might be client-scarce or contractor-heavy. In some areas we just don’t have a lot of events, so you might not get as many opportunities. On the same note, in some areas we have an overload of contractors, so dividing the work can make things difficult.
- There might be a bit of uncertainty. This is completely normal. The flexibility of the contractor position, and the unpredictability of the corporate wellness field demand a little uncertainty.
The most important part of our health and wellness services structure is probably…YOU! When it comes down to it, we couldn’t do what we do with you and the talent you lend TotalWellness.
The structure of the job might be a bit different than others you’ve had. We do want you to feel comfortable and knowledgeable about the work you do, though. So don’t hesitate to come to us with any questions or uncertainty.What questions do you have about why we do things the way we do?